Homework 9.8.14 - 9.12.14
Monday, Complete My Homework, Lesson 6, Problem Solving: Write a Number Sentence. The children have been praticing the underline what you know, circle what you need to find strategy for a few days now. They also must show their work, ie., write a number sentence to show how they solved the problem.
Tuesday, Complete Statements and Questions.
Wednesday, Study for your spelling test. We will take the test onThursday this week since we have no school on Friday.
Thursday, No homework, no school tomorrow.
- There will be no school on Friday, Sept. 12th. The parish workers will be preparing for the St. Augustine Parish picnic on Saturday, September 13th.
- We are in need of empty paper towel rolls for a math project. If you have some at home, please send them in.
- REMINDER – The TJ Pizza and Dessert fundraiser continues until September 15th. All paid orders must be turned in by this day.
- Pizza Day is Thursday, September 18th. Please return your order forms no later than Tuesday, Sept. 16th. Remember Pizza Day is also Out of Uniform Day for everyone who purchased the coupon books.
- Second grade is responsible for the readings, etc. at mass next Wednesday, September 17th. Practice papers will be sent home by the end of the week.
Behavior Plan 2004-2015
Mrs. Kinsella’s Class
We have two basic rules in our classroom:
- Show that we love God, ourselves, and others.
- Show that we are thankful for our school, our classroom and the materials in it.
We show that we love God, ourselves, and others when …
1. We are nice to each other. We use kind words.
2. We think for ourselves and make good choices-even when no one is watching.
3. We listen carefully when others (adults and classmates) are speaking.
4. We take turns talking.
5. We tell the truth, even when it is difficult to do so.
6. We choose behaviors that allow our friends to learn without distractions.
7. We use good manners.
8. We help others who need or ask for our help.
9. We play together peacefully and solve problems peacefully.
10. We walk quietly inside school and run outside.
11. We take some time to pray each day.
12. We give our best effort every day to use the brains God has given us to help us learn.
We show that we are thankful for our school, our classroom and the materials in it
- We use all books and materials carefully and respectfully.
- We clean up any messes we create. We work together to clean the big messes.
- We work with our tools and play with our toys.
Learning to 1) demonstrate self-control and 2) show respect for others are very important second grade goals. I do not expect that the children have already mastered these tasks. All children occasionally forget the rules. When that happens I will
1st Give a verbal reminder.
2nd Ask the child to “take a break”. “Take a break” means move away from the group briefly (15-20 seconds) to think about the appropriate behavior. It is not punitive. The children understand that this is their opportunity to demonstrate self-control before a more serious consequence is given.
I also believe in the importance of logical consequences. For example, failure to come to the line when recess is over will result in the loss of the next recess. Misuse of materials may result in a loss of the privilege of using that material for a specific period of time.
Finally, but most importantly, I will celebrate good behavior choices through the use of individual conferences with children, notes to parents, and classroom good behavior celebrations.
Important Dates for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Wednesday, January 14th, First communion Meeting for Parents, 7:00 pm at St. Mary’s
- Rite of Enrollment for First Eucharist and Confirmation
Saturday, January 17th, 4:30 pm mass at St. Augustine’s
Sunday, January 18th, 10:30 am mass at St. Mary’s
- Wednesday, February 25th, First Reconciliation at St. Mary's
- First Eucharist Retreat, one Saturday morning in March - date still to be determined.
- Saturday, April 18th, First Eucharist Rehearsal, 9:00 am at St. Augustine’s
- Sunday, April 19th, First Eucharist, 10:30 mass at St. Augustine's.
- Monday, April 20th, First Eucharist celebration with the SMSA school family followed by breakfast in the cafeteria. Dismissal of students after breakfast.
No school on Monday, April 20th for 2nd grade students.