Welcome to Second Grade
We have only 2 important rules in second grade:
- Show that you love God, yourself, and others.
- Show that you are thankful for your school, your classroom, and the materials in it.
We have been talking about what it looks like, sounds like and feels like to follow those rules. When we complete this discussion about our classroom behaviors, a copy will be sent home for both you and your child to read and sign.
Since it is still very warm outside AND inside our classroom, the children are very tired by the end of the day. I am going to delay homework until after Labor Day. Hopefully we will have nicer weather and everyone will have more energy.
Important Dates for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Wednesday, January 14th, First communion Meeting for Parents, 7:00 pm at St. Mary’s
- Rite of Enrollment for First Eucharist and Confirmation
Saturday, January 17th, 4:30 pm mass at St. Augustine’s
Sunday, January 18th, 10:30 am mass at St. Mary’s
- Wednesday, February 25th, First Reconciliation at St. Mary's
- First Eucharist Retreat, one Saturday morning in March - date still to be determined.
- Saturday, April 18th, First Eucharist Rehearsal, 9:00 am at St. Augustine’s
- Sunday, April 19th, First Eucharist, 10:30 mass at St. Augustine's.
- Monday, April 20th, First Eucharist celebration with the SMSA school family followed by breakfast in the cafeteria. Dismissal of students after breakfast.
No school on Monday, April 20th for 2nd grade students.